Get well soon Miko

Miko wasn’t feeling very well the past few days. Last Monday night (4th May) , we noticed that he’d been vomiting a few hours after he had his food. Since it was 9pm, we decided to bring Miko to the 24hours Animal Hospital at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman. We waited quite long for our turn despite that there were only 2 people that the doctor had to attend to.

After about 30 minutes of waiting, it was Miko’s turn. We explained to the doctor what happened – that Miko vomited whenever he ate his biscuits to the point there were nothing else left to vomit. So the vet gave him 3 injections – vit B, something to stop the vomiting and antibiotics. We brought him home and observe.

2 days after that, Miko still vomits and refused to eat or drink. So my husband and I decided to bring Miko to the vet that I usually go to – TTDI Vet. It was already 10pm at that time, but I texted Ann (Vet Nurse) and she insisted that we send Miko straight away. Although it was 10pm and the vet usually closes at 8pm, but Ann and Dr. Clement was willing to wait for us.

To cut the story short, we left Miko there for Dr. Clement to observe and he said that he will take blood samples in the morning to know the reason why Miko was acting like so.

Thursday came and we were informed that Miko’s results didn’t turn out good. His urine was not in the normal range and reason to it was he was not eating for quite some time. So the doctor suggests us to force feed Miko, gave us some pills for him and observe the progress.

On Sunday and Miko was still the same. It was quite heart-broken to see him that way knowing that he would be the one to greet us and manja-manja with us during weekends. Again, the clinic closes on Sundays but because I texted Ann and informed her the progress, the doctor suggested to bring Miko to him.

We left Miko at the clinic – he is on drips now. I really hope that he recovers soon! =(

Thursday. 14th May 2015
We got a call from the vet that Miko can be discharged (after 3 days on drips). So hubster went and picked Miko up after work. We have to force feed him though but luckily he did not reject. Slowly but surely.. The doctor said to continue force feed him. One day he will eat on his own.

Sunday, 17th May 2015
Miko is eating his wetfood on his own!!!! We’re soooooo happy! He even came to us whenever we were about to open his can food – means he is now interested to eat! Alhamdulillah….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s